Monday, April 25, 2011

Gaining ...

By gaining ... or success ... what are you afraid of losing?

I recently asked a coaching client this question.  And, the answer came with tears.  It was an all of a sudden kind of thing ... the wall came crashing down.  Yes, there was a breakdown ...

But, then the rainbow blossomed over the sky ... A BREAKTHROUGH!

This is a pattern many of us fall into.  We do things out of fear ~ the fear of losing rather than the pleasure of gaining.  We want to "avoid the pain."  No one likes to get hurt?  Pain, yuck!  Do you run from the bee or do you run toward it?  Come on, I'm crazy right?  Running toward the bee?

Now, please don't take this literally.  I am not looking to see a story on the news about how 100's of people went chasing after bees!

WE MUST FOCUS ON THE PLEASURE ~ the goal ~ the achievement.

1.  Working out ... it can hurt.  Yes, as we push our muscles, stretching them, it burns.  So, most of us associate pain to working out.

Instead of the pleasure ~ of wow ~ I am getting my body into shape.  I am going to feel so good, so healthy! I am adding years back to my life!

2.  Getting caffeine, sugar, fast food out of your system ... THE WITHDRAWLS, the HEADACHES, the BODY ACHES .... ohhhhhhhhhh.  Makes me hurt all over just thinking about.

NOW FOCUS.  How good do you feel?  Healthy?  Feels good to accomplish your goal right?  Mentally and physically.  It is a natural adrenaline rush!

3.  Getting up an hour early for your "quiet time."  Whether you need to some alone time, time to just sit & think, pray, read your Bible, journal ~ or just watch the sun come up ...  I NEED THAT EXTRA HOUR OF SLEEP!  I can't function without it.

YES YOU CAN.  Right now, all I can picture in my mind is the Little Engine that COULD.  I think I can. I think I can.  KNOW in mind before you set your alarm tomorrow to get up earlier that you are going to accomplish great things with that extra hour to live ~ that extra hour to be awake and to do something amazing with!

I KNOW YOU CAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment