Monday, April 25, 2011

Almost 2000 years ago ...

Yesterday was Easter.  I am proud to claim that I am a Christian, and I celebrate this day as part of my rebirth.

It is because of Jesus' death and resurrection that I may choose life.  Today, as everyday, I take a few moments throughout the day to be grateful ... to appreciate the opportunity to have an earthly relationship and heavenly relationship with Our Father because of His Son ~ Jesus.    

During the day today ... breaktfast with the family, church with our extended family, lunch with the in-laws, and now relaxing watching the Predators' game (LOL!) ~ 2 songs have been singing in my head and heart.

"From the cross to the grave from the grave to the sky ... Lord I lift your name on HIGH!"

... and ...

"Our God is greater ... Our God is stronger ... God you are higher than any other.  Our God is healer, awesome in power, our God.  And, if our God is for us, who can be against? And if our with us, what can stand against?"

And, I have to take a breath ~ because I stand in awe.  These words are so true.  Because our God is with us, for us, all about taking care of His family ~ nothing can stand against us.  Our God is powerful.  He knew our name before we were in our mother's womb.  Yes, He knew your name.  And, because of you ... He sent His son.

Today almost 2000 years ago... Jesus rose from the dead ... showing the world who He is and always will be.

What are you doing with your eternal life?

No comments:

Post a Comment