Monday, March 7, 2011

An Extraordinary Feeling of Inspiration

Wow ~ today I have an extraordinary feeling of inspiration.  And to be totally honest it stems from a slight feeling of frustration.

Yes, even I get frustrated.  Frustated that I haven't impacted more lives ~ frustrated some people just aren't ready to hear it ~ or open to the wonderful things I am ready to share.  

As great as technology is ~ and I know I am able to use it right now to share positivenss and inspiration ~ how much do we as Human Beings hold it to truth.  Do we have to see it on TV to believe it? Do we have to see it on TV to do something that we know we should do already?

Okay ... point.  Last night ABC aired a new show ~ I would have to say an extension of Breakthrough with Tony Robbins meets Undercover Boss. 

They featured a millionaire who made her way from homeless to millionaire.  She goes to visit a very poor area of Knoxville ~ and is touched so much that she decided to give away some of her money. 

Boy, did facebook light up last night!  Everyone said they were feeling inspired.  But, where does that inspiration leave them.  Where is the action?  I then saw several posts that stated, "I can't wait until I have a million dollars so I can share."

Now, what's that about?  What can we do right now?  What can you do right now?  Remember, the decisions we make are an extension of who we are.  Yesterday, I shared with a little about who you are and decisions we make. 

Our decisions shape our destiny.  And, even more important, our decisions show others the light we have inside of us.  The light we have been called to share.

Do we really need to have a million dollars in our bank account before we can share our "wealth"

Scenario:  You are on line a the grocery store.  You smile at the cashier ~ and ask her about her day.  She says she is grateful to have a job.  Then, the conversation goes a bit deeper.  She shares it is her son, Joshua's birthday.  And, because her husband recently left her, she doesn't have the extra money to even get Joshua a birthday card.

Time out:  What do you do?

A.  Smile and say you will be praying for her?  Leave and go home feeling a bit depressed? Thinking I wish I had a million dollars so I could share?

B.  Smile and say you will be praying for her.  Go back into the store, pick out a card, get back in her line, pay the card, and give it to her.

Now, I know everyone is going through a "rough" time.  But, if it meant you gave up coffee the next day ~ that heavenly Starbucks as everyone else in the world but me calls it; if it meant you had to make your own coffee ~ wouldn't it be worth it?

YES! YES! YES!

Why? 

Why not?  You just shared your light with someone!  You just impacted someone's life.  And, not just the cashier's.  You impacted Joshua's life!  And, from there who knows! 

What do you want your light to show other people? Are you ready to let it shine? 

My kids sang yesterday ... This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.

I'm shining today.  Please take action to be with me on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment